Report to: Chief Executive Officer
Business Development Director
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
The Director of Business Development is responsible for developing new and existing lines of business, direct and manage the daily operations, future growth and program development for the organization, while ensuring responsible use of fiscal, human and physical resources. The Director of Business Development is also responsible for developing and executing marketing plans for Chinese Hospital and supporting marketing activities for Chinese Hospital & Clinics. The marketing mix includes a range of activities from grassroots community outreach and earned media to traditional print, digital and social media. The Business Development and Marketing strategies are developed through a collaborative team approach. The incumbent must demonstrate effective working relationships with C-level managers, community based organizations including members of the Board of Trustees, internal sales agents and other customer facing departments, members and patients and vendors & suppliers. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively and persuasively while ensuring compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and help develop new and existing lines of business. Direct and manage the daily operations, future growth and program development for the organization, while ensuring responsible use of fiscal, human and physical resources.
- Ensures CHA maintains a company-wide focus on providing superior customer service by developing implementing and effectively managing work processes, performance standards and quality improvement initiatives designed to create positive impressions for the Hospital’s patients and for the community.
- Develops and maintains positive relations with providers (hospital, individual physicians, physician groups, and other allied health professionals) within a local health plan’s provider delivery systems. Identifies, recruit and selects potential providers appropriate for inclusion in the network, if needed.
- Responsible for conducting routine contract negotiations and renewals with hospitals, ancillary health services, specialty providers, physicians and physician groups on behalf of Chinese Hospital.
- Plan, organize, direct and manage the daily operations, future growth and program development for the organization, while ensuring responsible use of fiscal, human and physical resources.
- Conduct and coordinate the development of business planning, financial analysis and budgets.
- Responsible to lead, develop and implement marketing and sales communications, and public relations strategies
- Responsible to establish current and long range goals, objectives, and other action plans necessary to carry out these plans.
- Responsible to develop written job descriptions for each job or job class with annual evaluation of each employee.
- Responsible for physician recruitment.
- Responsible to research and clarification of provider contract language in preparation for approval by the CEO, and maintain current, up-to-date contracts.
- Develops contracts as needed to maximize reimbursement and/or decrease cost using knowledge of industry trends and individual market.
- Monitor and analyzes contract performance and reports results to leadership.
- Interfaces with department managers to facilitate accurate and efficient operations related to contractual obligations.
- Prepares monthly written accountability reports for review and communication to the CEO of these major issues impacting all areas of responsibility.
- Responsible the departmental policies and procedures development and encouraging and oversee the participation of those personnel responsible to carry out the practices.
- Responsible to oversee various projects and assignments as may come from time to time through the CEO, the Board of Trustees and its various committees.
- Complies with CHA Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statues, regulations and guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health Administration preferred or in related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Knowledge and experienced in HealthCare insurance industry legal implications, regulatory standards and requirements.
- Strong understanding of issues and challenges that face health plans, providers, employers, staff and members.
- Strong organization, communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well with physicians and other providers.
- Culturally and ethnically sensitive, enjoy working in a smaller organization where he/she needs to rollup his/her sleeves, be accessible, visible, open, friendly, outgoing and fair in dealing with staff.
- Creative operations ability to assist in the development of new programs and effectively implements those programs.
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.