Department: East West Health Services
Reports to: Manager of East West Health Services and Wellness
Type: Per Diem
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
Department: East West Health Services
The Clinic Assistant is responsible for all clerical, administrative, and supportive duties necessary to support the hospital’s programs and services. Duties include, but are not limited to internal and external correspondence, planning, scheduling, payment processing, financial record keeping, document design & preparation, database management, report preparation, and provider/vendor support. He/she creates a consistent, positive experience for patients by welcoming, orienting, and assisting them in a professional, friendly, and efficient manner. In addition, he/she optimizes patient flow and operations by working collaboratively with hospital staff and providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows Hospital and Department policies and procedures at all times, including but not limited to: Administrative Manual, Environment of Care, Human Resources, Infection Control, Corporate Compliance, Code of Ethics, etc.
- Attends, actively participates in, and completes in-services, training classes, mandatory classes, seminars/workshops, staff meetings, exercises, and drills; reads all department communication and assigned materials.
- Provides excellent customer service and shows compassion to all patients, visitors, and co-workers. Seeks feedback to ensure all needs are met. Anticipates and recognizes the concerns of others, even if those concerns are not openly expressed.
- Keeps manager and team informed of progress, problems, development, and plans. Gets along with and interacts positively with co-workers and others.
- Opens and closes the clinic, including all associated responsibilities.
- Welcomes and orients patients to the clinic.
- Maintains clinic and patient care areas.
- Monitors, orders, and maintains equipment and supplies.
- Answers phones, emails, and in-person inquiries.
- Schedules appointments and sends appointment reminders for patients, and prepares daily appointment schedules for providers.
- Facilitates check-in and check-out, and works with providers to optimize operational flow and volume.
- Receives and records payment for services.
- Checks insurance eligibility and benefits.
- Prepares, submits, follows up on, and actively tracks prior authorizations.
- Prepares herbal formulas and prescriptions according to acupuncturists’ directions.
- Prepares and submits reports.
- Supports clinic performance improvement and patient satisfaction activities.
- Promotes clinic services, supports marketing activities, and contributes to positive public relations.
- Willingly and effectively carries out additional responsibilities, as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of efficiency and attention to detail.Ability to take initiative, adapt to changing priorities, and work independently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Current certification in CPR/Basic Life Support.
- Fluent in English and Cantonese. Mandarin and/or Toishan a plus.
- Knowledge of community resources and cultural needs.
- Ability to work Saturdays.
- EMR knowledge.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Previous experience in healthcare setting
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.
Base Pay Scale: Starting at $19.14– $28.69 per hour
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. This pay scale is not a promise of a particular wage.