Report to: Clinic Supervisor
Clinic Operation Coordinator
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
Clinic Operational Coordinator assists Clinic Supervisor to provide administrative support to complex projects and operation of specialized programs. Key requirements of the role include for completion of provider credentialing functions and expertise in understanding for keeping financial projects on schedule and creating successful outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for completion of provider credentialing functions. Ensures program integrity and compliance with standards, federal/state requirements.
- Works with other departments in multiple areas that relate to credentialing issues.
- Assists Clinic Supervisor to provide support to clinic services
- Maintains database of current and accurate information concerning licensure, board certification, professional liability coverage and claims for all Chinese Hospital Clinics Physicians, Contracted Providers and Allied Health Professionals.
- Manages the provider add process, recruitment and transition, including the successful appointment to the Chinese Hospital Medical Staff and Jade Provider Network in accordance with the Credentials Policies & Procedures and regulatory agency requirements.
- Gathering, organizing, and evaluating relevant information, such as financial statements, vendor contracts, and EHR system specifications.
- Conducting in-depth data analysis, using spreadsheets or more specialized tools such as project management software and traceability solutions.
- Assists and coordinates activities of assigned projects to include developing and implementing related procedures and processes.
- Assist front desk and call center operation as necessary.
- Demonstrated experience in end user support, preferably in a healthcare/clinical setting
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Clinical workflows
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications and standard office equipment
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, and perform work in situations with multiple demands involved.
- Ability to learn and interpret variety of policies and procedures relating to applicable programs and organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel
- Exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in business or health related degree strongly preferred
- One year experience in healthcare setting, business project management, or information technology, preferred
- Strong attention to detail, business analysis and project/timeline skills.
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.