Chinese Hospital is responding to the outbreak of the respiratory illness COVID-19 caused by a novel coronavirus. This page provides regularly updated information.
If you have traveled to any of the affected geographic areas within 14 days, or had contact with someone who has, and feel ill with a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, you should seek medical care immediately by calling our call center or clinician to discuss the most appropriate treatment option.
If you have a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room. Be sure to disclose your travel history immediately upon arrival.
Due to ongoing concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19), we have implemented new visitor restrictions to ensure the health and safety of our patients, their families and our staff. Effective today, no visitors are allowed at Chinese Hospital.
Click here to view the Health Officer Order.
To schedule an appointment at one of the Chinese Community Health Services clinics, please call our call center at 1-628-228-2828. Be sure to disclose your travel history over the phone.
- CDC COVID-19 Fact Sheet (English) (Simplified Chinese)
- CDC What to do if you are sick with COVID-19 (English) (Simplified Chinese)
- SFDPH COVID-19 FAQ (English) (Traditional Chinese)
- San Francisco 'Shelter in Place' Order (English). For more information, please click here.
- SFDPH Safety and Readiness Tips for You (English/ Traditional Chinese)
- Social distancing (English)
- COVID-19 Alert Poster (English) (Traditional Chinese)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH)
- World Health Organization
- Johns Hopkins University real-time dashboard of global coronavirus infection map
As COVID-19 continues to impact our community in unprecedented ways, Chinese Hospital is taking additional steps to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. The COVID-19 fundraising campaign will help the hospital build its response capacity. Our goal is to raise 2.5 million, and here are ways to support Chinese Hospital:
The best way to help is by making a financial contribution. Donations can be made by phone by calling 1-415-677-2470, or by mail with a check payable to Chinese Hospital and sent to 845 Jackson Street, San Francisco, CA 94133. Attn: Office of Fund Development. You can also click here and make a convenient donation online.
We are grateful to accept unopened and unexpired supplies for use by hospital staff. These supplies include PPEs (i.e. N95 masks, gowns, gloves, goggles, face shields), hand sanitizer. disinfectant wipes, and other items. You can mail the supplies to Chinese Hospital. Our address is 845 Jackson Street, San Francisco, CA 94133. Attn: Office of Fund Development.