COVID19 What you need to know
About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
COVID-19 is the disease caused by the new coronavirus that emerged in China in December 2019. The new coronavirus can be spread from person to person. Currently, 2 vaccines are authorized and recommended to prevent COVID-19.
COVID-19 symptoms include cough, fever or chills, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, muscle or body aches, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, headache, new fatigue, nausea or vomiting and congestion or runny nose.
COVID-19 Advice Line
Call us for advice and appointments.
Here are a few actions you can take to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces like countertops, door handles, faucets, and phones. Stay home if you are sick.
- Practice social distancing by avoiding crowds and remaining 6 feet apart from each other while in public places.
- If you need medical care and have COVID-19 symptoms, give us a call before you come.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Q&A
- World Health Organization
- California State Health Department
- San Francisco Department of Public Health
- SF.GOV Should you get tested & testing options (English)
- Johns Hopkins University real-time dashboard of global coronavirus infection map