Reports to: CPU Manager
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
Under the direct supervision of the site Physician, provides diagnostic cardiac ultrasound procedures to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Requires working in conjunction with cardiologists performing the technical aspects of cardiac imaging by setting up, operating and adjusting ultrasound equipment and recording cardiac data and measurements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient in Transthoracic, Stress and bubble study echocardiography, EKG, stress testing and Holter monitor hook-up, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Operates various cardiac equipment for diagnostic testing.
- Assists with cardiology file management system for diagnostic reading and reporting; assist with maintenance of patient cardiology files.
- Organizes daily work schedule and coordinates with other staff to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Takes vital signs using limited equipment.
- Answers phones, greets and directs visitors, patients and family promptly and professionally.
- Assists with various clerical duties of the department.
- Assists with appointment scheduling and patient instruction.
- Assists in the Performance Improvement activities of the department as needed.
- Assists in the cleaning, maintenance and preparation of cardiac equipment. Maintains a work area that is clean and professional in appearance.
- Responsibilities include: following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.
- Satisfactory completion of a cardiac sonography program from an accredited institution.
- Minimum six months of experience in a clinical setting
- Must be ARDMS certified RDCS or RDCS eligible
- CPR BCLS certification
- Must be familiar with hospital beds, wheelchairs, gurneys, and emergency equipment
- Word processing skills
- Computer proficiency (EMR knowledge a plus)
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and written.
- Ability to take initiative, adapt to changing priorities, and work independently
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology including medications
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.