Department: Hospital Clinics
Reports to: CEO/CFO
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
Department: Hospital Clinics
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Finance Officer, in a customer-focused manner and upholding a strict level of confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs administrative duties as assigned, including processing administrative details as appropriate. Manages CEO and CFO’s expense submissions and processes invoices for payment, including the company credit card.
- Maintains the CEO and CFO’s schedule; makes travel arrangements for the CEO and CFO and for others as appropriate.
- Ensures that regularly scheduled meetings for the CEO and CFO are scheduled. Receives and screens telephone calls, takes messages, provides information and answers questions where judgment or interpretation is necessary; and exercises discretion in public contacts.
- Prepares agendas for management staff meetings and organizes background material, prepares packets for distribution, and takes and distributes minutes at meetings as necessary.
- Manages information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists in maintaining contact and communications with individuals, groups and associations.
- Assembles information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports.
- Assists CEO and CFO with the preparation of ordinary and complex materials: charts, tables, reports, etc.
- Orders supplies and processes other purchase orders.
- Provides timely communication to Administration Office staff and Housekeeping/Engineering on matters relating to office cleaning, safety, security, maintenance, shutdowns or repairs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Board of Trustees
- Maintains corporate minutes of all Board and Committee meetings.
- Maintain corporate documents in the central filing system using common corporate language.
- Collects materials, prepares, and publishes Board and Committee meeting materials .
- Arranges for rooms, audiovisual equipment, and refreshments as appropriate.
- Attends meetings for purpose of recording vital discussions and resolutions of the meetings.
- Publishes minutes of meetings by working with the President and various Chairpersons.
- Provides support to the members of the Board of Trustees and other executives committees as needed.
- A college degree preferred and a minimum of three years general office experience or equivalent combination of office work and related experience.
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Chinese preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to follow through with projects.
- Ability to prioritize tasks; highly organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure with many priorities and deadlines.
- Knowledge or prior experience with hospital and/or medical office preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.