Department: Chinese Hospital Clinics
Report to: Medical Director
Primary Care Clinician - Family Medicine / Internal Medicine
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
Department: Chinese Hospital Clinics
Works as a clinician and provides direct patient care with other healthcare professionals as they relate to outpatient medical care at one of our four clinics. The clinician adheres to the adequacy and appropriateness of medical care provided to clinic patients. Represents clinic health services in community relationships and provides assistance in the growth of the clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Based on 40 hours per week, with Saturday rotation. One weekday off in lieu of the Saturday worked.
- Assists with the medical care of patients at the Health Services clinic.
- Serves as a clinician and medical practitioner for the clinics.
- Works with nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and medical assistants as needed.
- Complies with all clinic policies, procedures and guidelines designed to ensure the provision of adequate, comprehensive care.
- Communicates with the Medical Director and Clinic Managers, regarding policies, standards and specific patient problems.
- Supervise midlevel practitioners.
- Serves as a member of the organized medical staff, attends medical staff meetings and ensures adherence to the medical staff bylaws, rules, and regulations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of educational programs with the clinic staff and the community.
- Participates in performance improvement and patient experience programs.
- Follows Hospital and Department policies and procedures at all times, including but not limited to: Administrative Manual, Environment of Care, Human Resources, Infection Control, Corporate Compliance, Code of Ethics, etc.
- Attend, actively participate and complete in-services, training classes, mandatory classes, seminars/workshops, staff meetings, exercises and drills; reads all department communication and assigned materials.
- Customer Service – Provides excellent customer service and shows compassion to all patients, visitors and co-workers. Seeks feedback to ensure all needs are met. Anticipates and recognizes the concerns of others, even if those concerns are not openly expressed.
- Accepts and performs other duties as assigned.
- Currently licensed to practice medicine in the State of California
- Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- Current Board Certification or board eligible accepted if within one year of residency graduation.
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration Registration.
- BLS certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Chinese (Cantonese) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Additional languages (Mandarin, Taiwanese) a plus.
- Computer skills needed for Electronic Medical Records.
- Administrative experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of community resources and cultural needs.
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.