Department: Fund Development
Report to: Director of Fund Development
Fund Development Manager
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
Department: Fund Development
The Fund Development Manager fills a critical role of strategically managing individual donor campaigns and directing major fundraisers. (Anniversary Celebration, Golf Tournament, Radiothon, Spring Scroll) He/She also assists with other development activities to help the organization meet its revenue goals and access the resources necessary to fulfill its mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and executing annual membership and annual fund campaigns, including designing the campaign, procuring materials, executing a mail and e-mail campaign.
- Researching donor prospects and maintaining a donor prospect list.
- Able to facilitate and manage a group of volunteers, and their respective assignments, effectively.
- Planning and execution of fundraising events, ensuring necessary follow up after fundraising events.
- Assisting with foundation fundraising efforts, including grant research and writing, maintaining a grants calendar, compiling reports, and preparing organizational documents for foundation submission.
- With Fund Development Team, provides logistics assistance for events i.e. solicit, accept, collect and organize prizes and items for sale or auction
- Provides support for identification and pursuit of new funding opportunities to advance program priorities.
- Provides reports on gifts, pledges, progress toward fund raising goal. • Supports Fund Development Team by providing administrative support as needed.
- Ensures all administrative functions are met.
- Assists Fund Development Team with event inventory and maintaining items/record keeping.
- Strong communications and interpersonal communications skills
- Fluent in Chinese (Cantonese preferred, Mandarin a bonus)
- Verbal proficiency required, written proficiency preferred
- Previous experience in healthcare setting preferred
- Interest in serving the Chinese community with passion for community health
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of efficiency and attention to detail
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.