Report to: Housekeeping Manager
Type: Per Diem
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
Performs cleaning of all patient care and public areas in the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs sanitizing and disinfecting work throughout the hospital; clinics in patient care areas, exam rooms, waiting rooms, restrooms, offices, meeting rooms, etc.
- Performs general cleaning tasks such as but not limited to trash/recycling/biohazard removal, dusting, wet wiping, glass cleaning, vacuuming, polishing and mopping.
- “Detail Cleaning” in assigned areas such as cleaning ceiling vents, high/low dusting, walls, wiping furniture, edge vacuuming and baseboard cleaning.
- Performs basic equipment care, checks for wear and damage on assigned equipment.
- Performs cleaning and disinfecting of patients’ room, make beds ready, collect dirty laundry from patients’ room, distribute clean linen and hospital/surgical gowns to appropriate floors, replenish supplies such as toilet papers, hand towels, and seat covers.
- Must stay current and knowledgeable on proper disinfection practices and infection control requirements by following hospital policies for infection transmission reduction.
- Observes and inspects assigned areas for maintenance and security needs and reports issues as soon as possible.
- Keeps paper and chemical supplies stored in work rooms neat and organized. Keeps housekeeping cart clean and stocked.
- Follows the rules and intent of the department’s regulations and safety guidelines.
- Additional assignments may include in meeting room set-ups for events, setting up tables, chairs and various items.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Follows Hospital and Department policies and procedures at all times, including but not limited to: Administrative Manual, Environment of Care, Human Resources, Infection Control, Corporate Compliance, Code of Ethics, etc
- Attend, actively participate and complete in-services, training classes, mandatory classes, seminars/workshops, staff meetings, exercises and drills; reads all department communication and assigned materials.
- Customer Service – Provides excellent customer service and shows compassion to all patients, visitors and co-workers. Seeks feedback to ensure all needs are met. Anticipates and recognizes the concerns of others, even if those concerns are not openly expressed.
- Communication – Keeps manager and team informed of progress, problems, development and plans. Gets along and interacts positively with co-workers and others.
- High school graduate desirable.
- Custodial Training Certificate/License is required
- Must be able to communicate clearly, and understand instructions in English and respond as necessary.
- Knowledge of procedures, products, equipment and chemical cleaning products.
- Visible acuity to observe work was properly performed.
- Motor coordination and manual dexterity to maintain flow of work.Work Relationship:
- Reports directly to the Housekeeping Lead and Environmental Services Manager.
- Works closely with nursing, patients and other department staff
- Works regularly with other members of Environmental Services staff.
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.