Report to: Clinic Supervisor
Type: Full-time – 40 hours/week
Clinic Front Desk Assistant
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
The Clinic Front Desk Assistant is responsible for day to day operation of the front desk at Chinese Hospital Clinics. You will function as a receptionist and customer support representative at the clinic front desk and is managed by the Clinic Operations Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome and greet patients
- Perform all clerical duties required to complete patient Check-in/Check-out
- Respond to telephone, emails and in-personal inquiries from patients and other parities
- Register patients and schedule appointments by using our EMR system
- Scan, file, and organize patient records into the EMR system
- Make reminder calls to patients prior to their appointments
- Performs insurance verification and eligibility checks
- Assure appropriate referrals and authorizations are completed prior to patient visits
- Obtain medical records if needed
- Collect and document payments for services
- Collect patient satisfactions Surveys
- Organize and keep patient waiting areas neat and clutter-free
- Follows Hospital and Department policies and procedures at all times, including but not limited to: Administrative Manual, Environment of Care, Human Resources, Infection Control, Corporate Compliance, Code of Ethics, etc.
- Attend, actively participate and complete in-services, training classes, mandatory classes, seminars/workshops, staff meetings, exercises and drills; reads all department communication and assigned materials.
- Customer Service – Provides excellent customer service and shows compassion to all patients, visitors and co-workers. Seeks feedback to ensure all needs are met. Anticipates and recognizes the concerns of others, even if those concerns are not openly expressed.
- Communication – Keeps manager and team informed of progress, problems, development and plans. Gets along and interacts positively with co-workers and others.
- Accepts and performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Previous experience working in a medical/clinic setting preferred
- Fluent in English and Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area
- A positive attitude and professional work ethic
- Knowledge of community resources and cultural needs
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of electronic medical record system preferred
Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent customer services, phone and communication skills
- Ability to work on Saturdays and at various clinic locations (San Francisco and Daly City areas)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications and standard office equipment
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, and perform work in situations with multiple demands involved.
- Ability to learn and interpret variety of policies and procedures relating to applicable programs and organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel
- Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.
Base Pay Scale
Starting at $21.99 – $32.96/hour. The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. This pay scale is not a promise of a particular wage.