• Practices Chinese Hospital service philosophy standards in all aspects of job performance and promotes
professional, positive, supportive work relationships with all members of the hospital work force.
• Demonstrates competency and professional responsibility in selected psychomotor skills (procedures)
that is appropriate to patient’s age and developmental stage and allowed within the LVN scope of care.
• Implements plans of care appropriate to patient’s age and developmental stage as developed by RN.
• Demonstrates the personal responsibility to deliver high quality patient care, which are founded upon
established nursing standards and practice, emphasizing education, practice skills and clinical
• Maintains Chinese Hospital’s attendance and punctuality standards in a consistent and regular manner.
• Promotes and maintains a safe working environment and ensures safe conduct in all aspects of job
• Performs physical assessment using limited equipment.
• Assists in the formulating of nursing care plan based on the assessment and information gathered from
patient, family and other health team members. Reviews and revises discharge goals and care plans
• Delivers care as outlined in plan of care in accordance to Policy and Procedures, Standards of Care and
the LVN Practice Act, Blood borne Pathogens/Infusion Control Standard, and other professional
• Accurately documents all nursing care delivered on the EMR.
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance to approved LVN Practice Act
standards and protocols.
• Collects data, follows the care plan, teaches and provides the patient/family the necessary knowledge
and skills to better address their knowledge deficits.
• Involved in the PI activities on the nursing unit.
• Provide general nursing care, which address the personal, hygienic, comfort and safety needs of the
• Takes vital signs and complete other assessments as needed.
• Serves/collects food trays and assist in the feeding of patients.
• Greets and direct all visitors. Answers calls light and telephone promptly and professionally.
• Assist in the preparation of the unit, room, bed for admissions and completes or reviews admission assessment.
• Assist in preparation for discharge and/or provide post-mortem care.
• Must be proficient in the operation of the following: computer keyboard, patient call system, telephone copier, fax machine and addressograph.
• Must be proficient in the operation of the following patient care equipment: stethoscope, B/P cuff and sphygmomanometer, thermometer, telemetry leads in specific patient care areas, hospital beds, gurneys, wheelchairs, walker, scales, commodes, IV poles and IV infusion pumps. Must be familiar with EKG tasks, traction, tubes, drains, collection devices, specialty beds, pulse oximetry, cardiac monitoring system and other unit specific equipment, as appropriate.
• Follows Hospital and Department policies and procedures at all times, including but not limited to: Administrative Manual, Environment of Care, Human Resources, Infection Control, Corporate Compliance, Code of Ethics, etc.
• Attend, actively participate and complete in-services, training classes, mandatory classes, seminars/workshops, staff meetings, exercises and drills; reads all department communication and assigned materials.
• Customer Service – Provides excellent customer service and shows compassion to all patients, visitors and co-workers. Seeks feedback to ensure all needs are met. Anticipates and recognizes the concerns of others, even if those concerns are not openly expressed.
• Communication ¬– Keeps manager and team informed of progress, problems, development and plans. Gets along and interacts positively with co-workers and others.
• Accepts and performs other duties as assigned.