Report to: Medical Director
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
The Nurse Practitioner will provide comprehensive primary care and chronic disease management to patients under the clinical supervision of the medical director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtaining medical histories and conducting physical examinations.
- Providing health maintenance care for adults, including annual physicals and GYN exam.
- Collaborating with physicians and other health professionals as needed, including providing referrals, diagnosing, treating, and monitoring chronic diseases (e.g., diabetes, high blood, COPD)
- Counseling and educating patients on health behaviors, self-care skills, and treatment options.
- Informing patients about their health care and encouraging them to participate in decisions are central to the care provided by the NP.
- Meet dress code standards; appearance is neat and clean.
- Maintains regulatory requirements in compliance with JCAHO, federal and state
- Wear proper identification while on duty.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies, including ethical business practices.
- Proper bedside manner.
- Supervise other staff as needed.
- Follows Hospital and Department policies and procedures at all times, including but not limited to:
Administrative Manual, Environment of Care, Human Resources, Infection Control, Corporate Compliance, Code of Ethics, etc.
- Attend, actively participate and complete in-services, training classes, mandatory classes, seminars/workshops, staff meetings, exercises and drills; reads all department communication and assigned materials.
- Customer Service – Provides excellent customer service and shows compassion to all patients, visitors and co-workers. Seeks feedback to ensure all needs are met. Anticipates and recognizes the concerns of others, even if those concerns are not openly expressed.
- Communication – Keeps manager and team informed of progress, problems, development and plans. Gets along and interacts positively with co-workers and others.
- Participation in special clinical programs.
- Accepts and performs other duties as assigned.
- Current unrestricted California license as an adult nurse practitioners or family Nurse Practitioner
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner by a nationally accredited nursing organization (i.e. American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Nurses Credentialing Center) is preferred
- Certification as a registered nurse (RN)
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license without restrictions
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Must be able to manage a range of acute and chronic medical conditions
- Knowledge of current preventive health guidelines.
- Computer skills needed for electronic medical record.
- Knowledge of community resources and cultural needs.
- Fluent in English and Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) is preferred
- 1 year experience in a family practice clinic is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Base Pay Scale
$130,000 – 195,000. The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. This pay scale is not a promise of a particular wage.
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.