Department: MS Tele
Report to: Director of Acute Care and Surgical Services
Type: Full-Time (32hrs/week)
Shift: Night Shift
Registered Nurse - MS Tele
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
Department: MS Tele
The Clinical RN is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibilities and accounts for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides therapeutic and safe care to patients using the nursing process of individualized patient/client assessment, outcomes identification planning, implementation/intervention and evaluation. The RN is responsible and accountable for nursing care delivered to their assigned patients by LVNs, HAs and others. Professional duties include patient teaching, staff development, delegation, supervision, coordination, and patient advocacy. The RN will demonstrate competency and commitment in achieving organizational and nursing department goals, as outlined in the RN Behavior List and Competency Checklist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Complies with CHA Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all Statues, regulations and guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statue, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.
2. Practices Chinese Hospital service philosophy standards in all aspects of job performance and promotes professional, positive, supportive work relationships with all members of the hospital work force.
3. Demonstrates positive behavior and the ability to perform ongoing clinical assessment of the patient, establishes and implements a plan of care and evaluates the outcome of that care, utilizing the nursing practice process that is specific of the patient.
4. Demonstrates the personal responsibility to deliver high quality patient care, which is founded upon established nursing standards and practice, emphasizing education, practice skills and clinical competence.
5. Responsible for delegating the delivery of care to others as well as motivating staff to deliver and maintain care that best demonstrates the mission, vision and values of Chinese Hospital through professional excellence with personal concern.
6. Maintains Chinese Hospital’s attendance and punctuality standards in a consistent and regular manner.
7. Promotes and maintains a safe working environment and ensures safe conduct in all aspects of job performance.
8. Formulates a plan of care based on assessment and information obtained from patient, family and other health team members. Reviews and revises discharge goals and care plans daily.
9. Delivers care as outlined in plan of care in accordance to Policy and Procedures, Standards of Care and the Registered Nurse Practice Act, Blood borne Pathogens/Infection Control Standard and other professional standards.
10. Communicates and accurately documents all nursing care delivered on the patient’s medical record.
11. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance to approved nursing standards and protocols.
12. Assesses, plans, teaches and provides the patient/family the necessary knowledge and skills to better address their knowledge deficits.
13. Involved in the PI activities on the nursing unit.
14. Provide general nursing care, which address the personal, hygienic, comfort and safety needs of the patient.
15. Takes vital signs and complete other assessments as needed.
16. Serves/collects food trays and assist in the feeding of patients.
17. Greets and direct all visitors. Answer calls light and telephone promptly and professionally.
18. Assist in the preparation of the unit, room, bed for admissions and completes or reviews admission assessment.
19. Assist in preparation for discharge and/or provide post-mortem care.
20. Must be proficient in the operation of the following: computer keyboard, patient call system, telephone copier, fax machine and addressograph.
21. Must be proficient in the operation of the equipment used in the unit in which the nurse is assigned to work.
22. Follows Hospital and Department policies and procedures at all times, including but not limited to: Administrative Manual, Environment of Care, Human Resources, Infection Control, Corporate Compliance, Code of Ethics, etc.
23. Attend, actively participate and complete in-services, training classes, mandatory classes, seminars/workshops, staff meetings, exercises and drills; reads all department communication and assigned materials.
24. Customer Service – Provides excellent customer service and shows compassion to all patients, visitors and co-workers. Seeks feedback to ensure all needs are met. Anticipates and recognizes the concerns of others, even if those concerns are not openly expressed.
25. Communication – Keeps manager and team informed of progress, problems, development and plans. Gets along and interacts positively with co-workers and others.
26. Accepts and performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATION FOR SPECIALTY UNITS:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certificate required for ICU, Emergency department, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), Same Day Surgery Unit (SDSU) and Endoscopy Suite (ENDO). CCRN recommended for ICU. Current Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) certification required for core Outpatient Medical Therapy Center (OMTC) staff.
- Must be able to assess and care for the special needs and behavior of specific age population:
- Medical/Surgical (M/S), Telemetry Units and ICU – Adolescent to frail elderly
- Surgical Suite/PACU – Adolescent to frail elderly
- SDSU/ENDO Suite/OMTC – 13 years to frail elderly
- Emergency Department – Birth to elderly
- Currently licensed in the State of California to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Valid AHA BLS and ACLS certification.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others.
- Maintain current state licensure, keeps inform of current developments in nursing.
- Fluent in English and Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin), preferred
- Knowledge of community resources and cultural needs.
Hospital Work Schedule
The work schedules of the Hospital use an 8/80 basis for computing overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act and California Wage Order 5. Employees working in accordance with a 14 consecutive day work period in lieu of a workweek of seven consecutive days must be paid one and one-half times their regular rate of pay for hours worked in excess of eight in a workday and 80 in the 14-day period. Double time is required after 12 in a workday (Labor Code § 510).
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.
Base Pay Scale: Starting at $56.62 – $95.92 per hour
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. This pay scale is not a promise of a particular wage.