Reports to: CPU Manager
Type: Per Diem
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
Provides basic respiratory care and cardiac diagnostic procedures to infants through geriatrics for the treatment, management, diagnostic evaluation and care of patients with cardiopulmonary disease and/or illness. RCPIs will be responsible for the delivery of quality patient care based on specific instructions/guidelines which are provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers care to adults, as outlined in accordance with policy and procedures, standards of care, and the Respiratory Care Practice Act.
- Performs cardiopulmonary assessment on adults, through a physical exam, chart review, response to ordered therapies, and takes vital signs using limited equipment.
- Delivers, sets up equipment, administers, and provides prescribed medication and treatments.
- Checks treatments, responses, and progress.
- Accurately documents all respiratory care delivered on the medical record.
- Operates various cardiac and EEG equipment for diagnostic testing in accordance with policy and Procedures
- Assists, teaches and provides the patient and family with the necessary knowledge and skills to address their respiratory care needs.
- Answers phones, greets, and directs visitors, patients, and family promptly and professionally.
- Assists in preparation for discharge care.
- Assists with various clerical duties of the department.
- Assists with appointment scheduling and patient instruction.
- Assists in the Performance Improvement activities of the department.
- Assists in the cleaning, maintenance, and preparation of respiratory care equipment.
- Attend, actively participate, and complete in-services, training classes, mandatory classes, seminars/workshops, staff meetings, exercises, and drills; reads all department communication and assigned materials.
- Customer Service – Provides excellent customer service and shows compassion to all patients, visitors, and co-workers.
- Seeks feedback to ensure all needs are met. Anticipates and recognizes the concerns of others, even if those concerns are not openly expressed.
- Communication – Keeps manager and team informed of progress, problems, development, and plans.
- Gets along well and interacts positively with others.
- Accepts and performs other duties as assigned
- Current California RCP license
- Certification by the National Board of Respiratory Care
- AHA BCLS certification
- Previous respiratory care experience preferred
- Must be proficient in the operation of office equipment.
- Must be proficient in the operation of the following patient care equipment: Stethoscope, B/P cuff and sphygmomanometer, pulse oximeters, various oxygen devices, mechanical ventilators, EKG machine, stress test equipment, holter monitors.
- Must be familiar with hospital beds, wheelchairs, gurneys, crash cart, defibrillator, echocardiography machine
- Computer proficiency (EMR knowledge a plus)
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and written.
- Ability to take initiative, adapt to changing priorities, and work independently
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.
Base Pay Scale: Starting at $36.80 – $55.15 per hour
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. This pay scale is not a promise of a particular wage.