Clinic Assistant - East West Services - Req#10164
Chinese Hospital is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Hospital requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date. The Hospital may also mandate that its employees receive vaccine boosters, and all accommodation laws will be followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows Hospital and Department policies and procedures at all times, including but not limited to: Administrative Manual, Environment of Care, Human Resources, Infection Control, Corporate Compliance, Code of Ethics, etc.
- Attends, actively participates in, and completes in-services, training classes, mandatory classes, seminars/workshops, staff meetings, exercises, and drills; reads all department communication and assigned materials.
- Provides excellent customer service and shows compassion to all patients, visitors, and co-workers. Seeks feedback to ensure all needs are met. Anticipates and recognizes the concerns of others, even if those concerns are not openly expressed.
- Keeps manager and team informed of progress, problems, development, and plans. Gets along with and interacts positively with co-workers and others.
- Opens and closes the clinic, including all associated responsibilities.
- Welcomes and orients patients to the clinic.
- Maintains clinic and patient care areas.
- Monitors, orders, and maintains equipment and supplies.
- Answers phones, emails, and in-person inquiries.
- Schedules appointments and sends appointment reminders for patients, and prepares daily appointment schedules for providers.
- Facilitates check-in and check-out, and works with providers to optimize operational flow and volume.
- Receives and records payment for services.
- Checks insurance eligibility and benefits.
- Prepares, submits, follows up on, and actively tracks prior authorizations.
- Prepares herbal formulas and prescriptions according to acupuncturists’ directions.
- Prepares and submits reports.
- Supports clinic performance improvement and patient satisfaction activities.
- Promotes clinic services, supports marketing activities, and contributes to positive public relations.
- Willingly and effectively carries out additional responsibilities, as requested.
- Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of efficiency and attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative, adapt to changing priorities, and work independently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Current certification in CPR/Basic Life Support.
- Fluent in English and Cantonese. Mandarin and/or Toishan a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of community resources and cultural needs.
- Ability to work Saturdays.
- EMR knowledge.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.