Pharmacy Clerk - Req#10160
The Pharmacy Clerk/Cashier shall be under the auspices of the pharmacist and shall assist him/her in non-pharmaceutical functions.
Assists the pharmacist in all duties described under Billing and Procurement.
Assists in clerical functions such as:
- Returning prescriptions not picked-up to stock
- Inventory unpacking
- Record keeping
- Sorting the mail
- Filing daily prescriptions
- Typing and/or computer entries
Chinese Hospital is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Hospital requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date. The Hospital may also mandate that its employees receive vaccine boosters, and all accommodation laws will be followed.
Performs cashier functions such as:
- Operates the cash register.
- Collects the cash, check, or credit cards co-payments for health plans.
- Balances the daily receipts.
- Follows the Cashing Policy PH-01.17.00.
Maintains the area and equipment, with cleaning and dusting etc.
Complies with the CHA Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, and guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statutes, regulations, agreements, or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Proficient in English and Chinese.
- Knowledgeable in common computer operations.
- Knowledgeable in medical and pharmacy terminology.
- Good communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Be able to operate cash registers.
- Pharmacy technician training preferred.