Department: East/West Services
Reports to: Manager, East/West Services
Lead Clinic Assistant
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
Department: East/West Services
The Lead Clinic Assistant takes a lead role in ensuring the efficient completion of all clerical, administrative, and supportive duties necessary to support the hospital’s programs and services. Duties include, but are not limited to internal and external correspondence, planning, scheduling, payment processing, financial record keeping, document design & preparation, database management, report preparation, and provider/vendor support. He/she creates a consistent, positive experience for patients by welcoming, orienting, and assisting them in a professional, friendly, and efficient manner. In addition, he/she optimizes patient flow and operations by working collaboratively with hospital staff and providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows Hospital and Department policies and procedures at all times, including but not limited to: Administrative Manual, Environment of Care, Human Resources, Infection Control, Corporate Compliance, Code of Ethics, etc.
- Attends, actively participates in, and completes in-services, training classes, mandatory classes, seminars/workshops, staff meetings, exercises, and drills; reads all department communication and assigned materials.
- Provides excellent customer service and shows compassion to all patients, visitors, and co-workers. Seeks feedback to ensure all needs are met. Anticipates and recognizes the concerns of others, even if those concerns are not openly expressed.
- Keeps manager and team informed of progress, problems, development, and plans.
- Works well and interacts positively with co-workers and others.
- Positively represents the hospital and department through all interactions and communications, and supports colleagues to ensure high patient and participant satisfaction for programs and services at the clinic and throughout the organization.
- Manages internal and external correspondence and communications.
Maintains and posts staff’s shift schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
- Handles day-to-day accounting matters, including matters relating to accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Supervises and trains clinic assistants, and assists in orienting providers.
- Supports team as EMR section Super User, and liaises with internal and external EMR support staff to make updates or troubleshoot problems.
- Works in conjunction with department Manager to provide feedback and complete annual performance evaluations.
- Facilitates scheduling/registration, checking-in, and checking-out for patients and participants of the clinic’s programs and services.
- Works with providers, instructors, and other colleagues to optimize schedules and operational flow.
- Facilitates setup and cleanup of programs and services.
- Maintains departmental equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Produces and/or updates necessary documents and reports; maintains a system to organize forms, documents, records, and reports.
- Facilitates evaluation and improvement of patient/participant satisfaction; responds to and offers feedback and suggestions to ensure high satisfaction and quality of service.
- Supports marketing activities and contributes to positive public relations through personal presentation, communication, and relationship-building.
- Willingly and effectively carries out additional responsibilities, as requested.
- Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of efficiency and attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative, adapt to changing priorities, and work independently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Current certification in AHA Basic Life Support
- Fluent in English and Cantonese. Mandarin and/or Toishan a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of community resources and cultural needs.
- Ability to work Saturdays.
- EMR knowledge.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Previous experience in healthcare setting
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.