Department: Fund Development
Report to: Director of Fund Development
Manager of Fund Development and Administrative Support
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
Department: Fund Development
Manager of Fund Development and Administrative Support will ensure the development and success of Chinese Hospital by instilling a culture of philanthropy, coordinating fund development, contributing to strategic planning, and addressing development issues within the organization. Reporting to the CEO and will work with the senior management team, Board of Trustees, and staff to define the organization’s vision and direction. Manager of Fund Development and Administrative Support is responsible for planning and implementing strategies to secure donors and contributions in support of the organization, provide oversight of the fund development program, monitor development activities, and address issues that may hamper growth and success. At the same time, provides oversight of the administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer, in a customer-focused manner and upholding a strict level of confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the CEO, staff, and governing board to facilitate short and long-term strategic plans.
- Identify and address development issues that affect the well-being and efficacy of the Chinese Hospital.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy and ensure that fund development is executed in keeping with the Chinese Hospital’s values, vision, and mission.
- Participate with the CEO and senior management to plan Chinese Hospital’s fund development course and programs.
- Manage the operations development function efficiently, and oversee development activities in coordination with staff.
- Establish a balanced mix of donor sources and fundraising programs to attract and retain donors and fundraising volunteers.
- Establish performance measures, monitor results, and evaluate the efficacy of the fund development program.
- Maintain accountability and ensure compliance with all regulations and laws, as well as the code of ethics for fundraising professionals.
- Help to recruit, train, and motivate fundraising volunteers.
- Keep abreast of developments in philanthropy and fund development.
- Responsible for oversight of administrative support of CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in managing projects and teams.
- Proven track record of success in fundraising.
- Strong interpersonal, decision-making, and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical thinking and ability to analyze data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Occasional travel required.
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.