- Greet patients, answer phones, schedule/confirm appointments, and coordinate recalls and pre-appointments.
- Take preliminary patient histories and assist optometrist with pre-testing.
- Oversee and coordinate the daily office patient care and operations.
- Call Medical insurance companies and VSP/EyeMed to get authorizations.
- Interpret and calculate insurance benefits and copays based on insurance eligibility.
- Perform and oversee daily cash sales activities.
- Bill VSP/EyeMed for exam, glasses, and/or contact lenses.
- Reconcile EOP and monthly statements from insurance and vendors.
- Handle all clerical duties for the clinic including: copying, filing, maintenance of office and exam room supply, and general upkeep of area.
- Organize frame inventory and displays.
- Call patients with their glasses are ready to be picked up
- Verify glasses and contact lens prescription and orders
- Teach patients how to insert/remove/care for contact lenses.
- Assist patients in the selection of frames. Dispenses, adjusts and repairs glasses.
- Send prescriptions to different laboratories and optical companies for filling.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Optometrist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Region: Bay Area San Francisco
Occupational fields: Healthcare Practitioners and Technical
Employment type: Casual
Years of experience: 1 year
Required languages: Cantonese Mandarin
Required degree level: Associate Degrees, Bachelor’s Degrees