Department: Performance Improvement
Reports to: VP Quality, Performance Improvement, Compliance
Performance Improvement / Risk Management Specialist
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
Department: Performance Improvement
This position assists with the planning and coordination of the hospital’s performance improvement (PI) and Risk Management activities; this includes reviewing policies and procedures, managing daily functions, and monitoring regulatory compliance. Monitoring procedures, reporting, and health and safety to ensure the hospital maintains compliance and is continually seeking improvement throughout the hospital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with leadership and other PI members to understand what data to collect and how best to collect the data.
- Uses knowledge of data analysis and statistical processes to turn data into information that teams can use to make decisions affecting client outcomes.
- Assists in developing quality metrics and with data collection.
- Works with the PI Coordinator to compile written documents required in the PI process.
- Assists with the Hospital’s compliance with accreditation and state standards and reporting.
- Assist with the medical staff activities, which include preparing and staffing medical staff meetings.
- Assist with the risk management/patient safety activities, which include coordinating safety inspections, following up with patient complaints and grievances
- Establishes and maintains a positive image for the hospital through cooperating and coordinating with other community systems.
- Demonstrates the ability to pro-actively plan, work, and proceed with a task with limited instruction. Willingly steps up to take on new responsibilities or to help a co-worker complete a task.
- Works collaboratively with fellow employees and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate functional job knowledge as listed on the job description.
- Exhibits adequate skills as listed on the job description.
- Maintains professionalism in compliance with hospital standards.
- Will maintain competency with technology related to job functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- CPHQ certification preferred.
- Knowledge of performance improvement methodologies and concepts
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Knowledge of the principles of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Rules and other Federal and State Laws regarding confidentiality and storage of health information.
- Knowledge of the use of electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including common office applications.
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and/or listen. He/she uses his/her hands to do computer work, write reports, do equipment set-up/cleaning/storage, clerical support, etc. He/she will be using the phone frequently. Good vision is needed to be able to read schedules, enter accurate data, etc. He/she must have good general health and demonstrate emotional stability so as to carry out the above-enumerated duties.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Use proper body mechanics when handling equipment
- Standing, walking and moving 50% of the day
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.