- A. Qualification
- All non-pharmacist personnel shall work under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist in all activities involved in the preparation and dispensing of medication, including the maintenance of appropriate records.
- Be knowledgeable of:
- Brand and generic names of medications.
- Technical terms dealing with chemicals, medical terminology, and pharmacy terminology.
- Computer entry skills.
- Graduated from a Pharmacy Technician Program or has obtained a minimum of one year of retail pharmacy experience.
- Possession of a valid Technician Certificate issued by the California State Board of Pharmacy.
- Complies with the CHA Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, and guidelines applicable to federal and state program. Responsibilities include following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statutes, regulations, agreements, or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.
- B. Preparation of Drug Orders
- Outpatient pharmacy technicians:
- Process patient medication charges, including Medi-Cal and outpatient charges.
- Filing prescriptions and patient profiles, and maintaining other pharmacy records.
- Assist the pharmacist in processing all drug orders.
- Assist the pharmacist in maintaining current records.
- Coverage of clerical duties, as needed.
- Process patient medication returns and credits.
- Procurement and Material Management
- Order, maintain, and control stock levels of drugs, parenteral solutions, forms, supplies, etc.
- Receive and verify shipments.
- Place items received in stock inventory.
- Maintain and update price listings.
- Check out-dates and return to manufacturer for credits.
- D. Quality Control
- Assist in monitoring all aspects of quality control of the department and make necessary, appropriate entries.
- Maintain the area, equipment, and facilities etc.
|Wednesday, August 14, 2019|
|Pharm Tech PD Retail JD.pdf|
|845 Jackson Street, San Francisco, CA 94133|
TITLE: JOB DESCRIPTION –TECHNICIAN I (Retail Pharmacy Only)
PERSONNEL: Pharmacy Technician I (Retail Pharmacy)
PURPOSE: To outline the qualification of the Pharmacy Technician I.