All non-pharmacist personnel shall work under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist in all activities involved in the preparation and dispensing of medication, including the maintenance of appropriate records.
- Be knowledgeable of:
- Brand and generic names of medications.
- Technical terms dealing with chemicals, medical terminology, and pharmacy terminology.
- Computer entry skills.
- Graduated from a Pharmacy Technician Program or has obtained a minimum of one year of hospital pharmacy experience.
- Possession of a valid Technician Certificate issued by the California State Board of Pharmacy.
- Complies with the CHA Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, and guidelines applicable to federal and state program. Responsibilities include following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statutes, regulations, agreements, or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.
- In addition to all qualifications listed above, pharmacy technicians who cross cover for inpatient pharmacy should be knowledgeable of:
- Preparing intravenous solutions and their additives, total nutritional products and hyperalimentation, and chemotherapeutic agents (training and competencies required).