Report to: Radiology Manager
Type: Full-time, 32hrs/week
Radiology Tech I
845 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
About this role
Perform radiological duties in compliance with x-ray department and legal requirements. Help patients feel comfortable during the entire process. Perform selected nursing, lab, administrative, and clerical duties that assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management under the direction of a Physician, PA, or NP. These duties are delegated in relation to the individual’s degree of training, in accordance with the objectives and policies of the organization and respective state laws governing such action and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures and take X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Prepares room, equipment, medicine and materials as needed for patient care and Includes barium preparation, contrast media and other medications as needed.
- Prepares patient for radiology department procedures – explains procedures, patient transportation – including patient transfer from bed or exam Assists patients for proper positioning during and after procedures.
- Follows prescribed techniques in administering general and specific x-rays. Adjusts equipment, determines proper voltage, current and desired exposure.
- Arranges immobilization and support devices to obtain proper position of patient for imaging.
- Knowledge of proper use of lead shielding.
- Protect patients, yourself and staff from radiation exposure by practicing sound procedures which meet or exceed recommended industry standards.
- Observes patient and equipment during procedure and reports unusual occurrences and records patient’s condition.
- Must be able to perform portable x-ray exams at patient bedside, ER and surgery.
- Must be able to perform CARM procedures at patient bedside, ER and surgery.
- Cleans and disinfects x-ray exam room and equip.
- Develop and process digital radiological film.
- Obtain quality diagnostic radiographs as requested by Physician, PA, or NP. Maintain a repeat rate of two percent or less.
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and Regulations.
- Report immediately any equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Log completed radiological procedures. Complete paperwork accurately and on time.
- Identify and file reports as required.
- Maintain x-ray room, stock necessary radiological supplies.
- Daily check of crash cart and emergency trays in X-Ray rooms.
- Demonstrates good working relationships at all levels.
- Plans and utilizes work time efficiently.
- Demonstrates good problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with co-workers and physicians.
- Administer IV contrast when applicable.
- Work closely with the Physician, PA, or NP to receive guidance and instruction for treating patients.
- Perform lab work as directed by Physician, PA, or NP.
- Makes suggestions to improve work methods.
- Trains new employees.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a current X-Ray Technology certificate or license from an accredited diagnostic imaging program approved in California.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 1O’s and 1OO’ s . Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES REGISTRATIONS:
- A current certification or license in X-Ray Technology and Fluoroscopy from the state of California. ARRT certification required.
- Responsible for maintaining 12 category A CE credits per year. BCLS certification required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
- Be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Complies with Chinese Hospital Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.